Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Take These Please.

My daughter left the state, so I've heard, leaving her entire apartment and everything in it; my things... her things... and THESE THINGS:









They are called Pacu. If you like Oscars, Piranhas, or Pit Bulls, these are the fish for you. They do not fight however thuggish their appearance. They seem quite docile, especially the one that took a spill on the carpet in the rescue efforts. He'll live. For now.
Interesting specimens... not for me.
They are FREE to anyone with a tank big enough for them. I did manage to find a recipe using Pacu... but after being neglected, deserted, spilled on the floor, crammed in a soup pot, driven across town and SURVIVE, I can't seem to find it in me to make dinner of them.
They need a very large tank. 55 Gallon would be ideal, but they are in a 30 now.

No comments: