Saturday, January 16, 2010

More 2009 Re-Cap

YAY! Did my year spell on NYE this year.

2010YearSpell

Yep. That's what I am planning to see in the following year. I'm stoked. :-D

We have made one full turn here at the Little House in the 'Hood. I thought it would be fun to see what it looks like year 'round.

From This:
DSCI2397

To This:
garden3

To This:
theback40


The herb bed in spring:
2009-07-26_11-57-58

The herb bed in summer:
garden1

The herb bed in winter:
DSCN3480

Summer Bees:
2009-07-26_11-58-52

Winter Bees:
DSCN3494

Summer House:
DSCI2398

Winter House:
chickenwinter

From This:
2009-07-26_11-58-05

To this:
DSCN3511

Now wasn't that fun? You can see why I might be yearning for fairer weather.


I mentioned previously that I was a flurry of activity during November and December, attempting to finish some craft products I was giving as gifts.

My first Waldorf Doll. I gave this to Ember for Solstice.
DSCN3413

Reusable produce and/or bulk bags:
DSCN3382

Tiny felted animals:
DSCN3364

More felted items:




DSCN3361


Rice Bags:
DSCN3359
Ahhhhh....

Finally finished a quilt that was 10 years in the making:
10yrquiltfront
(A girl gets sidetracked, yo.)

Cloth Moon Pads:
DSCN3350
Highly recommend these. Washable, resuable, soft, wonderful, safe.

Fabric colored thumbtacks. These were really simple, and they are very cute.
DSCN3356

I made a few sets of these:
DSCN3357


I was lucky enough to get to participate in Wasatch Commons Annual Holiday Bazaar. I did a lot of trades for holiday gifts and was excited to share some of my own creations.
Mark made Sunny Buns again this year. MMMMMM.... Decadently so.

We had some other cool occurances happen 'round the house.



Is this one squash or two?

2009-08-10_21-04-08

This was definitely one egg... Well, until I opened it:
DSCN3212

All in all, it's been a good year. I look forward to at least one more summer here. I think Mark and I agreed that Northern California calls us.
I'm not going to just up and head off to California. I am going to stay for just one more harvest. It does give us time to decide where we are going and what we will do. I vote intentional community, he wants to have a traditional job at first. I guess we will see what comes up. Depending on what kind of situation we find out there, we might be selling a "ready made" homestead package: goat, bees, chickens, quail. Although I am not opposed, as you can imagine, to taking my farm with me. ;-)

No comments: