Monday, February 9, 2009

February comes in like a... ???

Just another quick update post... since I can't seem to find time to go ON AND ON like I like to do. ;-)

I made purple kraut last week. Yum.

DSCN0570


I have completed my Beekeeping Class. Now all I have to do is wait for my bees to arrive in April. Yay.



I have started seeds in the back room for all my herbs:

Ashwaganda
Dill
Basil
Catnip
Coriander
Tarragon
Stevia
Parsley



& an experimental small container garden of Arugula & Lettuce.



Health News:
I am ONE WEEK into treating my hormonal imbalance with compounded hormones. I have adrenal fatigue as shown by salivary cortisol tests as well as very low progesterone/estrogen dominance, which connects in with my uber low testosterone & dhea. My thyroid isn't exactly functioning "great". I am starting on a regime of T3 & progesterone. Hopefully this will help with some of my mental and physical misery. It will NOT take care of my husbands communication problems, his inertia, his compulsions nor any of his other issues. THOSE will sit and fester just as they are, whether or not I am medicated. *eye roll*
Can I just take a mico-second to voice MY HUGE DISSATISFACTION WITH OUR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM? We have health insurance, oh yes, but will they pay for compounded prescriptions made JUST for ME? NO! Will they pay for my naturopath? NO! Will they pay for an overpriced, cold MD visit? YEP. One that would LOVE to pump me full of horse urine derived hormones, anti-depressants and tranquilizers? Absolutely. Can you see where that might be a HUGE problem for me?
Let's just say that I find it VERY unnerving that insurance will pay for expensive dangerous & invasive care that has NOTHING to do with my long-term health; but will not pay for holistic, gentle, natural care of my choosing that is PROVEN to work. I HATE big pharma & I HATE the insurance companies. I want to top it off by saying THE FDA is even MORE corrupt than big pharma & big insurance. If that is even possible. FDA & "health care" should never be used in the same sentence. Except for that one. ;-)
Needless to say, all the hormones in the world isn't going to make my dissatisfaction with those three go away.

Other family news:


My eldest daughter is still putting her life, and the life of Andre in danger EVERY SINGLE DAY because she can't/won't leave an abusive relationship. If you are so inclined to care about poor little Andre, who HAS NO VOICE in the matter; feel free to contact CPS- not that THEY will do anything either. That is another "government agency" that finds no warm spots in my heart. A useless, money wasting entity, set up to... what? What are they doing again? It's NOT SAVING THE CHILDREN. They are wasting your tax dollars, while children are in danger. Hopefully this blog will not be record of yet another case of CPS negligence. If you are religious, pray for my sick daughter. If you are not... do something useful.

So that's what is going on around the 'stead.

No comments: